In the words of Las Vegas Metro Sergeant Wally Pinjuv, “This is the Wild Wild West and we do things different out here.”
AMEN! Brother Pinjuv! At least that is a perfect description of Las Vegas Metro. (109 MPH with no lights and sirens! AND 71 MPH with no light and sirens and no seat belts… Oops another one bites the dust!)
I have been in depositions for days. Over the past year I have been in depositions with 7, that is right, SEVEN Metro officers. One trainer, two Sergeants, four officers and the added bonus of a Cop’s wife (she committed a felony and is helping to cover up Metro’s crimes). It was an enlightening experience. Here is what I learned DIRECTLY from Metro Officers:
1. You can be patted down by Metro if they believe you MAY have a gun because if you have a gun you MAY be dangerous. (New Mexico Cops think that way too)
Got that? You do not have to be suspected of a crime. You do not have to be considered to be armed and dangerous. The Cops just has to think you may have a gun. The law in Nevada is a little bit different than what they claim. NRS 171.123 and NRS 171.1232.
2. Metro Cops believe that there is a law in Nevada that requires ALL pistol owners to register their pistols.
Got that! Metro Cops don’t know the law. There is NO requirement that a Nevadan register his pistol in ANY county EXCEPT Clark County.
3. If Metro Cops have a warrant for your neighbor for missing a traffic court appointment and your children are playing at your neighbor’s house when the men in brown shirts (this is not a joke METRO wears brown shirts They are not the men in Blue) arrive to arrest your neighbor, the Cops can pat down your children to see if they are armed even though they have no reason to believe that your child has committed a crime or is armed or is dangerous. (I don’t really need to comment on this…Do I?
4. People are patted down and cars (yes you read that right) cars are “frisked.” (Ponder this, my gentle snow flakes, and get back to me!)
5. Metro believes that they can confiscate your pistol for “safekeeping” even though you are not “CHARGED” with a crime for having that pistol. If fact according to at least one Metro Officer, if you own a pistol and you had an argument with your neighbor, they “haffta take it” for “safekeeping.”
GOT THAT! Metro believes they can take your pistol away from you without any legal authority whatsoever. Fourth Amendment… What Fourth Amendment? Second Amendment… What Second Amendment? Nevada Constitution… What the heck is that? By the way… five of the officers had never read the Nevada Constitution and we forgot to ask the last two.
And of course there is no right to own a gun in Nevada and if you own a pistol you ARE a criminal. Wait a minute I may have that wrong. It is hard to remember what the law really is after deposing Metro Cops because they are so totally ignorant of the laws of Nevada that their lack of knowledge could fill a Black Hole.
6. The lives of Metro Officers and the safety of Metro officers is not only more important than your rights to life and safety but their right to safety supersedes all Constitutionally guaranteed rights, God given rights and even statutory rights like NRS 171.1232, if such rights interfere in their right to be safe form any possibility that you may be armed even legally armed.
And so I can say, after being in depositions with 7 Cops, that a picture is worth 1000 words.