So you believe Obama is our first SOCIALIST President?
It appears to me that you need to look back at some of the key events of the past hundred or so years.
Over 90% of the population is self-employed
NO central bank in America
NO income tax on the people
LAWFUL MONEY is gold, silver & copper coin & they are the ONLY legal tender
DOLLAR as 23.22 grains of gold
1 ounce of gold is $20.67
NATIONAL DEBT $2.1 Billion
Woodrow Wilson takes office
Creation of the FEDERAL RESERVE, issuance of FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES as legal tender
Imposition of the INCOME TAX
NATIONAL DEBT $2.9 BILLION
Clayton Antitrust Act exempts activities of Labor Unions from its provisions
Income tax a mere 2.7% for the HALF MILLION people who were required to pay it
Federal Farm Loan Act
NATIONAL DEBT ONLY $3.6 BILLION
Smith-Hughes National Vocational Education Act providing vocational training & federal funds for agriculture
FDR confiscates the peoples gold
Creation of the FDIC
Start of the â€œNew Dealâ€
NATIONAL DEBT $22.5 BILLION
FDR devalues the DOLLAR by 41% by REDEFINING it as 13.71 grains of gold
1 ounce of gold is now $35
Creation of the FCC, FHA & SEC
Social Security enacted
Wagner Act legitimizes Labor Unions & creates the National Labor Relations Board
NATIONAL DEBT $28.7 BILLION
â€œMinimum wageâ€ set by Fair Labor Standards Act
Creation of â€œFannie-Maeâ€
Only 5% of American workers pay income tax
NATIONAL DEBT $40.4 BILLION
Victory Tax enacted as temporary wartime measure, withholding for income tax
60% of American workers now pay income tax
NATIONAL DEBT $258.7 BILLION
George-Barden Act focusing on agricultural, industrial, and home economics training for high school students
Creation of the National Security Council and Central Intelligence Agency
Medicare & Medicaid enacted
Elementary & Secondary Education Act gives major federal aid to public education
Higher Education Act increases federal money given to universities, creates scholarships & low-interest loans for students
New Ford sells for $3,498
Gas cost $0.31 per gallon
New house sells for $21,500
NATIONAL DEBT $320.9 BILLION
Federal Reserve Notes no longer redeemable for LAWFUL MONEY
1 ounce of gold is still $35
NATIONAL DEBT $350 BILLION
President Nixon takes off the â€œgold standardâ€
NATIONAL DEBT $398 BILLION
1 ounce of gold is now $140.3
NATIONAL DEBT $1.1 TRILLION
Start of the Persian Gulf War
NATIONAL DEBT $3.2 TRILLION
Income tax over THIRTY-FOUR PERCENT for the average family
NATIONAL DEBT $5.7 TRILLION
Beginning of the â€œWar on Terrorâ€
NATIONAL DEBT $5.8 TRILLION
Creation of the Department of Homeland Security
New Ford sells for $25,000
Gas costs $2.65 per gallon
New house sell for $305,900
1 ounce of gold is now $1150
$787 BILLION American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed
NATIONAL DEBT mind-boggling $12 TRILLION
In little more than 100 years we have gone from a virtually debt-free (1900 – $2.1 Billion) nation of productive, self sufficient BUSINESS OWNERS (97% of the population was self employed) to a BANKRUPT (to the tune of $12 Trillion) nation of half illiterate EMPLOYEES.
We have implemented a number of the 10 PLANKS of the COMMUNIST MANIFESTO.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.